Rapper Akon Speaks About Underage Concert Humping Incident

Sunday, February 10, 2008 |

akon-speaks-5-10-07.jpg

Well, it’s been a few weeks since the actual incident, but I guess rapper Akon decided to go with the better-late-than-never principle.

Akon was videotaped at his recent concert in Trinidad getting his hump & grind on with a young girl on stage. Apparently the humped girl turned out to be just 14-years-old & the media has been in a frenzy ever since.

In a statement released to TMZ, Akon reveals, ”First, and most important to me, I want to sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and any pain I’ve caused to the young woman who joined me on-stage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert in Port of Spain on April 12th.

It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18. That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience. Somehow, that standard was not met.

Again, I apologize to those concerned and to all my fans and I pledge to all that we will strive to make sure this type of incident does not happen again.”

I guess I can forgive & forget this one. What about you?

2 comments:

xaxuda na area said...

ola akon meu name é chaiane eu fiz um blogue so para mostrar para todo mundo q uma morena gosta é de um neguinho espero q tuh nao me leve pelo racismo :tipo: minha irma i toda a minha familia é rassista mais respeita ja eu nao eu amo um neguinho bjs xauuu

Unknown said...

Hey akon no probs actually according to me the major fault was of the club authorities & girl who disobeyed the law & club authorites who allowe her